- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- ½ cup whole milk
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks, 1/3 of the cheese, and milk. Season with salt. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and cook baby spinach and kidney beans.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water.
- Mix pasta in the pan with the spinach and kidney beans.
- Add egg yolk mixture and 2 tablespoons of cooking water. Combine well.
- Add remaining cheese and mix. Season with salt and pepper.