Ingredients 8 Servings
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Angel Hair
- 1 jar Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 12 ounces fresh large shrimp in shells
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese shards (about 1 ounce)
- Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse, and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and pasta; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet bring chicken broth to a simmer, stir in shrimp, peas, and pepper and simmer until shrimp are opaque and pepper is tender (about 3 minutes). Add pesto; heat through. Add pasta; stir gently to combine.
- Serve topped with crushed red pepper, additional pesto, and Asiago cheese.
- Customize it: Instead of shrimp try thinly sliced precooked chicken; try chickpeas instead of peas; or add broccoli or snap peas to the mix.