- Total Fat
Ingredients 8 Servings
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 1 jar Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated and divided
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl soak the bread crumbs in water for 1 minute. Squeeze out all of the water and add the bread to the meat. Add ½ the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Add parsley and mix everything together and form the meat into quarter-sized balls.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, slowly cook meatballs in olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Add the broth and reduce to medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Drain and toss the pasta with pesto, meatballs and remaining cheese.