Barilla® Pick Your Pizza Pasta
- TOTAL FAT
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 jar Barilla® Traditional sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups very thinly sliced mushrooms, steamed broccoli florets, and/or chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 box Barilla® Elbows
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups sliced pepperoni (about 9 ounces), cooked and crumbled Italian sausage,
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.
- In a medium pot warm the Traditional sauce, Italian seasoning, and vegetable toppings.
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Elbows; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat, drain well, and return to pot.
- Add Traditional sauce to the pasta in the pot; stir to combine.
- Stir in half of the mozzarella; spread evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Layer on additional toppings and sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheeses are melted and lightly golden brown.
Customize it: For personal-pan pasta dishes let every family member choose their own toppings, and bake in ramekins.