Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box Barilla® Pipette pasta
- 6 artichokes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- Remove the tough outer leaves of the artichokes and cut in half lengthwise. Discard the choke. Cut into sticks and set aside in water and lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté peeled garlic, crushed with a knife, and drained artichokes. Cook for 5 or 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, remove artichokes from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, sauté diced bacon, stirring occasionally, and season with salt and pepper. Return artichokes to the pan and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Boil pasta in plenty of salted water according to package directions. Drain and sauté with the prepared sauce.
- Stir in cheese and butter, combine and serve warm.