- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 1 jar Barilla® Chunky Traditional sauce
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound skinless chicken tenders
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F; coat a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the quinoa, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. In another shallow dish, place the egg. Dip the chicken in the egg, letting excess drip off, then in the quinoa, pressing lightly. Place on the prepared baking pan in a single layer; bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and pasta; stir gently. Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the sauce over medium-low heat until heated through; toss with pasta. Serve pasta topped with chicken tenders and cheese. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Customize it: For a healthful take on Chicken Parmesan, top tenders with shredded mozzarella and sauce, and bake briefly to melt the cheese.