Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 6 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped shelled, roasted and salted pistachios
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- 2 tbs Water
- ½ cup, grated Parmigiano
- Salt to taste
Alfredo Sauce ProcedureBring milk and cream to boil, lower the heat and add garlic powder. Meanwhile dilute corn starch with water, add to the sauce along with salt, whisk well and simmer for two minutes. Turn off heat, stir in cheese.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place broccoli on the sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt; roast 15 to 18 minutes or until tender; set aside.
- In a very large skillet over medium-low heat, add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the pistachios and breadcrumbs, and cook, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl; stir in the Parmesan.
- Wipe skillet clean; in that skillet bring the alfredo sauce to a low simmer.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste, and the Linguine, and stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Remove from heat and drain well, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add pasta, three-fourths of the broccoli and the 1/4 cup pasta cooking water to the alfredo sauce in skillet; heat through.
- Top with the pistachio-Parmesan mixture and remaining roasted broccoli.