- Total Fat
- Total CARBOHYDRATE
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 4 cups ½-inch pieces sweet potatoes, parsnips, and/or carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup drained jarred roasted red peppers
- 10 ounces (2 packaged bags) baby arugula or baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- 2 tbs Water
- ½ cup, grated Parmigiano
- Salt to taste
Alfredo Sauce ProcedureBring milk and cream to boil, lower the heat and add garlic powder. Meanwhile dilute corn starch with water, add to the sauce along with salt, whisk well and simmer for two minutes. Turn off heat, stir in cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a rimmed baking sheet toss sweet potatoes, parsnips, and/or carrots with oil and salt. Roast 22 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and softened.
- In a blender combine Alfredo sauce and roasted red peppers; blend until smooth.
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Penne; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well.
- Add sauce mixture to pot. Heat through. Return pasta to pot and stir to combine.
- Divide arugula among plates; top with pasta, roasted vegetables, and finish with cracked black pepper.
- Customize it: For a crunchy alternative try shredded fresh Brussels sprouts or shredded romaine lettuce in place of arugula. For a protein boost add shredded cooked chicken or white beans.