- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Elbows
- 1 jar Barilla® Garlic Alfredo sauce
- 1 small head Romanesco cauliflower, tough parts discarded
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack or Fontina cheese
- ¾ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ground paprika or crushed red pepper (optional)
- Remove florets from cauliflower and cut into 1-inch pieces (you should have about 4 cups of florets). Cut core into large sections (you should have about 1 cup of cauliflower core).
- In a large pot, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add salt to taste and the cauliflower core. Return water to a boil, and boil uncovered for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower is very soft.
- Using a slotted spoon, drain cauliflower core and transfer to a blender. Add the sauce and blend until very smooth; transfer to a small saucepan and heat through over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, return the pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta; stir gently. Cook according to package directions, adding the cauliflower florets for the last 8 minutes of cooking time; remove from heat and drain well.
- Toss pasta and florets with sauce; add cheeses and salt; stir until well combined.
To serve, sprinkle with paprika or crushed red pepper, if desired.
Customize it: Vary by using orange cauliflower to add color and nutrients.