- TOTAL FAT
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Orzo
- 1 jar Barilla® Chunky Traditional sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut in bite-sized strips
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- In food processor bowl combine beef, cheese, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, salt, and egg; process until finely ground. Scoop 1-tablespoon portions into your hand, roll into balls. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add green pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to soften. Add meatballs and brown on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn meatballs and add Barilla Chunky Traditional sauce to the skiller. Bring to a gentle simmer. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low; simmer 14 to 16 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Orzo; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well.
- Stir pasta into skillet with meatballs. Serve topped with chopped thyme, if desired.
Customize it: For a veggie boost (that will go unnoticed!) add 1 cup shredded carrot to the simmering sauce.