Ground Beef is used in classic Italian recipes. This recipe uses ground beef with a simple twist - smoky chipotle peppers add depth and a subtle heat. The result is a beautiful fusion of cuisines, and a great quick and easy meal to add to your rotation!
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned chipotle peppers, or to taste
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20%
- ½ cup dry white wine [optional]
- 1 18-oz canned crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup Cotija cheese, shredded
- Sea salt to taste
- Cilantro to taste
In a skillet sauté onion with olive oil over high heat for two minutes then stir in chipotle peppers and cook one more minute.
- Add meat. Brown well, about 10 minutes until cooked through. Add white wine and reduce to half, then add tomatoes, season with salt and cook over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
Add one cup of pasta cooking water to the meat sauce and keep simmering for 10 minutes.
Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Top with cheese and cilantro before serving.