Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 2 pounds pasta clams
- 1 pound roma tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Carefully clean the clams several times under running water to remove all impurities.
- Heat half of the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add clams, mix and cook covered for 5 minutes or until they open. Remove pan from heat to allow clams to cool. Shuck and strain cooking liquid through a very fine strainer or cheesecloth.
- Heat the rest of the oil in another pan over medium heat. Brown garlic, peeled and crushed with a knife. Remove garlic and add peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped tomatoes.
- Add cooking liquid from clams and cook for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain and toss with prepared sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of freshly ground pepper before serving.