Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 7 ounces fresh boned anchovies
- 1 14 oz can tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- hot pepper to taste
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and bone anchovies.
- Peel garlic and chop together with hot pepper. Heat half of the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and pepper and sauté until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes. Add anchovies and cook for about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add torn basil leaves, mix well and remove pan from heat.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions.
- Drain, toss with prepared sauce, adding the rest of the oil and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.