Barilla® Spaghetti with Homemade Tomato Sauce
Want to make your own red sauce? This easy 3 step recipe simplifies the process without sacrificing taste.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Thick Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 28-oz can San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Basil, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a saucepan gently sauté onion with olive oil for five minutes, add chopped clove of garlic, continue sautéing and one minute later add tomatoes. Add one cup of water, salt and pepper then bring to a simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Finish with basil, cheese and a drizzle of olive oil before serving.