Show your loved ones how much you care by making them a classic Italian Spaghetti recipe with shrimp, tomatoes and basil.
Ingredients 2 Servings
- 6 ounces Barilla® Spaghetti
- 2¼ cups fresh ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
- ½ onion, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- Basil leaves
- Salt, sugar & fresh grounded white pepper to taste
In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and slowly brown the onion.
- Add tomatoes and cook 8-10 minutes slowly, adding a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar and a little white pepper.
In a separate skillet over high heat add the remaining olive oil, and sauté the shrimp for 2-3 min.
- Add shrimp to tomato sauce.
- In a large pot cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta and toss in the skillet with the tomato sauce.
- Remove from heat and add the basil leaves before serving.