Spaghetti Pasta Bowl with Sriracha and Honey Marinara Sauce
Start by adding Sriracha, honey, and lime juice to a cooked bowl of pasta covered in Barilla's Spicy Marinara pasta sauce to kick off this flavor charged spaghetti recipe. Be empowered and customize your dish by subbing in pan-fried tofu cubes or high protein spaghetti to add even more nuance into this spicy vegetarian pasta bowl recipe with Sriracha.
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- Juice of 1 lime (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (such as coconut or canola)
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchstick-size pieces (1 cup)
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow or green bell pepper
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, halved lengthwise
- 1 jar Barilla® Spicy Marinara Sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- Sesame seeds, optional
1In a small bowl combine the Sriracha, honey, and lime juice; set aside.
2In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Spaghetti; stir gently.
3Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well.
4Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat; add the mushrooms, carrots, bell pepper, and sugar snap peas.
5Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender; add the Spicy Marinara pasta sauce and stir; add the spaghetti and toss to combine.
6Serve in pasta bowls and top with a drizzle of the Sriracha-honey mixture, green onions, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds, if desired.
7Customize it: For a protein boost add pan-fried tofu cubes, shredded rotisserie chicken, or quick-roasted shrimp.