One ingredient, three recipes? For this dinner series recipe challenge, Chef Lorenzo created multiple meals using a single ingredient purchased in bulk. He bought 3 pounds of ground turkey - which is a lean protein. With the ground turkey made stuffed zucchini with ham and turkey over a bed of pastina pasta (recipe below). He also created a delicious Barilla Bucatini with Parmigiano and turkey meatballs and multicolor tomatoes. Lastly, Chef Lorenzo whipped up ginger, garlic, and cilantro turkey patties with orange and fennel salad - a fresh dish perfect for the summer. These recipes provide a variety of meals without breaking the budget. Buon appetito!
Click here for the Bucatini Pasta, Turkey Meatballs & Romano Cheese recipe with a Turkey, Ginger, Fennel & Orange salad.
For a video of these recipes with a voice over from Chef Lorenzo himself, check out this reel from our Barilla US Instagram account!
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Pastina pasta
- 3 pounds zucchini
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces turkey breast, ground
- 6 ounces ham, ground
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can Italian peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley
- 6 leaves basil, sliced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl mix turkey, ham, egg, cheese, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the stem and bottom of the zucchini, then carve out the center of zucchini using a zucchini/cucumber corer, leaving 1/3 inch of the outer part. Discard the inner part and stuff zucchini with turkey mixture.
- In a skillet sauté onion with 2 tablespoons olive oil for 3 minutes, add garlic and one minute later add tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Add stuffed zucchini, cover, and cook thoroughly until internal temperature reaches 165° F, about 18 minutes. Take lid off and reduce the tomato sauce if needed.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, stir in the parsley.
- Serve stuffed zucchini over pastina, top with fresh basil and drizzle with remaining olive oil before serving.