Ingredients 12 Servings
Ingredients for 12 people
- 1 box Barilla® Oven-Ready Lasagne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, medium size, peeled and diced
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 3 yellow squash, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ cups Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated, divided
- Italian parsley for garnish
- Salt and black pepper to taste
FOR THE BÉCHAMEL SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 cups 2% milk
- Salt, black pepper and nutmeg to taste
To prepare Béchamel sauce:
- Bring milk to a boil while in a separate pot melt butter with the olive oil, add flour and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in boiling milk little by little whisking continuously, bring to boil and cook for 3 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 400° F.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, blanch lasagne sheets for 3 minutes, drain and set aside on kitchen towels.
- In a hot skillet add olive oil and sauté onion, celery and sweet potatoes over high heat for 3 minutes, stir in zucchini, yellow squash and keep cooking for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and sauté additional 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup of the mixture on the side for garnishing.
- In a 13” x 9” greased baking dish start building lasagne by adding enough béchamel to thinly cover the bottom of the dish, and then add 3 sheets of lasagne. Next spread a thin layer of bechamel, add 1/3 vegetable mixture and ¼ cup of cheese.
- Repeat 4 more times, but last layer should be left without vegetables.
- Bake at 400° F covered with aluminum foil for 40 minutes, uncover and let brown over the top for additional 5-8 minutes.
- Let rest 20 minutes before serving with remaining vegetables over the top, a light sprinkle of cheese and a touch of Italian parsley. Enjoy with family and friends!