Chef Tip: The term "Chiffonade" generally means to thinly slice an ingredient as a garnish such as an herb or a leafy green. In this recipe, basil is sliced thinly, and added to the pasta with the cheese just before serving.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1/2 box Barilla® Thin Spaghetti pasta
- 1 jar Barilla® Tomato & Basil pasta sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienne
- ½ tablespoon, capers in salt
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 5 basil leaves, chiffonade
- ¼ cup Romano cheese, grated
Soak capers for 10 minutes in cold water; rinse off any salt, chop roughly.
Roast peppers, peel and seed them. Cut in dices.
Sauté garlic in olive oil for one minute. Add roasted peppers, capers and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir in sauce.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta and toss with the sauce. Stir in basil and cheese before serving.