Ingredients for 12 people
- 1 box Barilla® Ditalini pasta
- 2 jars Barilla® Tomato & Basil sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 cup peeled and cubed butternut squash (½-inch cubes)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add garlic, celery, carrot, and butternut squash. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Add Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more.
2Add broth and sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Add the beans, kale, and uncooked pasta. Simmer 4 minutes; remove from heat.
3Let stand, covered, for 30 minutes or until pasta is "al dente". Spoon soup into bowls. Top with cheese and parsley before serving.