- 50 g
- 15 g
- 9 g
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Elbows
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup Barilla® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste and the pasta; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot bring the broth to a boil and add the sweet potato; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until soft, then remove from heat.
- In a blender combine the sweet potato, broth, Tomato & Basil Sauce and salt; cover and blend until smooth.
- In a very large skillet bring the blended sauce mixture to a low simmer. Remove from heat; slowly stir in cheese until melted (mixture may appear curdled). Stir pasta into the sauce in skillet. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in enough milk to make a creamy consistency.
- Serve topped with fresh basil.
- Customize it: Rather than shredding your cheese, grab your family's favorite pre-shredded cheese blend.