Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Tri-Color Penne
- 2 carrots, cut on a bias
- 3 parsnips, cut on a bias
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Toss the thinly sliced carrots and parsnips with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper, place on sheet tray and roast for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Set aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta one minute less than package directions, drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place on sheet tray to cool down.
- Once cooled, combine the pasta with all the remaining ingredients (onion, lemon juice, basil, and mozzarella); season with salt and pepper, to taste.