Barilla® Tri-Color Rotini Pasta Salad with Roasted Veggies & Fresh Oregano
Ingredients for 6 people
- Barilla® Tri-Color Rotini
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small butternut squash, diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut on a thin bias
- 1 head fennel, sliced thin
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, diced (or 1 jar)
- 2 Portobello mushrooms, diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded
1Preheat oven to 375°.
2Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions.
3Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil; place on a sheet tray to cool.
4Roast the vegetables in the oven on a separate sheet tray seasoned with salt, pepper and olive oil until they are lightly browned and cooked through.
5Once the vegetables are cool, combine with pasta in a large bowl; add remaining olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Toss and combine. Top with cheese.