Tri-Color Rotini with Asparagus, Caramelized Vidalia Onions, Serrano Pepper & Mint
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Tri-Color Rotini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 1 Serrano pepper, sliced into thin rounds (substitutes: fresh habaneros, jalapeño or red pepper flakes)
- 2 bunches asparagus, cut in ½ inch pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup, ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook onions in olive oil with peppers for 15 minutes over medium heat; season with salt and pepper.
3Cook pasta according to package directions. Once the pasta is almost done add the asparagus to the same pot and cook for 1 minute.
4Drain and reserve ½ cup of the cooking water and add it to the onions.
5Add the pasta and asparagus to the onion sauce, toss to combine.
6Top with dollops of ricotta cheese and sprinkle with parsley and mint.