- 2 g
- Total Fat
- 10 g
- Total Carbs
- 2 g
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Tri-Color Rotini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 1 Serrano pepper, sliced into thin rounds (substitutes: fresh habaneros, jalapeño or red pepper flakes)
- 2 bunches asparagus, cut in ½ inch pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup, ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook onions in olive oil with peppers for 15 minutes over medium heat; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once the pasta is almost done add the asparagus to the same pot and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain and reserve ½ cup of the cooking water and add it to the onions.
- Add the pasta and asparagus to the onion sauce, toss to combine.
- Top with dollops of ricotta cheese and sprinkle with parsley and mint.