- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ pounds beef flank steak
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 orange, yellow and or green sweet peppers, seeded and sliced
- Ground turmeric, for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine turmeric, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, salt, and cinnamon. Rub over both sides of the flank steak.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. In the skillet, cook steak 12 to 15 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once about halfway through. Remove steak from skillet; cover and let stand. Add peppers and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and pasta; stir gently; cook according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat sauce over medium-low heat until heated through; toss with pasta.
Slice steak into thin, bite-size pieces; serve pasta topped with steak and peppers. If desired, sprinkle with additional turmeric.
Customize it: Try chicken breast rather than steak, or a can of rinsed and drained chickpeas briefly sautéed in the spices.