Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 Box Barilla® Blue Box Farfalle
- 1 jar Barilla Rustic Basil Pesto
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 shallot, medium size, diced
- 16 oz shitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cauliflower, in florets
- ½ cup Parmigiano cheese
- 2 tbs pomegranate seeds
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place a pot of water to boil. Turn on oven to 425°F.
- Coat cauliflower florets with half the pesto, roast in the oven until slightly brown, about 15 min.
- In a skillet sauté shallot with olive oil for three minutes over medium heat, stir in mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and brown over high heat, about five minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
- Toss pasta with reserved cooking water, remaining pesto, roasted cauliflower, and sautéed mushrooms. Sprinkle cheese and garnish with pomegranate seeds before serving