Ingredients 6 Servings
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara Sauce
- 1 large (1/2 pound) onion, sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 6 leaves fresh basil, sliced thin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt.
- Cook onions and chili flakes with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add pancetta and cook until crispy.
- Add sauce and ½ cup of water, bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain pasta.
- Add pasta to sauce and toss to coat.
- Remove skillet from heat, fold in Romano cheese and basil before serving.