See More Casarecce Recipes
Casarecce Pasta with Spicy Lamb Meatballs, Cannellini Beans & Escarole
Lamb meatballs with Casarecce Pasta Recipe
Looking for a delicious lamb meatball recipe? Try this recipe for Barilla® Casarecce with Lamb Meatballs, Escarole and White Beans for a great Italian meal!
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
- 2 cloves of garlic, gently pressed
- 1 red hot finger pepper, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 slice, white bread
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup, Romano cheese, divided
- 2 cups, cannellini beans
- 1 bunch escarole, boiled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, julienne
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl soak the bread in water then squeeze out the excess.
- In a medium bowl mix the ground lamb, egg yolk, half the cheese, bread, salt, and pepper.
- Form ½ inch balls and bake in the oven until brown, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté gently pressed garlic with olive oil until slightly yellow, add escarole and sauté over high heat.
Stir in meatballs, sun dried tomatoes, beans (cooked per package directions) and 1 cup of their cooking water, and bring to simmer.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and toss with sauce.
- Finish with cheese before serving.