Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 6 ounces Guanciale, cut into strips (or Pancetta)
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a bowl, beat egg yolks with a pinch of salt and 1/3 of the cheese.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Guanciale and sauté for a few minutes until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta, reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water. Transfer pasta to the skillet with the Guanciale and mix well.
Remove skillet from the heat, add beaten egg yolks with a few tablespoons of pasta cooking water and mix for about 30 seconds.
Add the remaining cheese and mix well.
Serve immediately, garnished with a generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper.