Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla Collezione Bucatini
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cups leeks, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound Red shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup White wine
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Heat 1-tablespoon olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add leeks and sauté for 5 minutes, set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons olive oil to the same pan. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in shrimp, cook on both sides, deglaze with wine, and reduce to half.
Cook pasta 2 minutes less than the recommended package cooking time.
- Drain pasta, reserving about 2 cups of the cooking water. Toss pasta in the pan with the leeks and shrimp.
Add parsley and a few ladles of the reserved pasta cooking water. Continue cooking pasta and sauce mixture until sauce has thickened.
Meanwhile, sauté panko with 1-tablespoon olive oil until crispy and slightly brown.
Top finished pasta with crispy panko before serving.