Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
with Shaved Asparagus, Lemon Zest & Ricotta Cheese
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 16 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- Grated zest of two lemons
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
2Using a vegetable peeler, start at the bottom of asparagus stalk and peel to the end to create long ribbons. Repeat with all asparagus stalks.
3Heat olive oil in large skillet, over medium-high heat. When olive oil is hot add garlic and asparagus; sauté for one minute.
4Add pasta, lemon zest and toss.
5Add ricotta, lemon juice, pasta water and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.