Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
with Truffle & Herb Pesto
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Bucatini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 ounce canned black truffle, chopped
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
2Meanwhile, in a blender combine garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, truffle oil, black truffle, parsley, thyme and ½ the cheese. Pulse until the mixture resembles a pesto. Season with salt and pepper; then set aside.
3Heat a large skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and blister the tomatoes.
4Reserve a ½ cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta. Add drained pasta to the tomatoes, in the skillet. Add cooking water and bring to a simmer.
5Remove the skillet from the heat and fold in the pesto mixture.
6Garnish with arugula and remaining cheese.