Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
with Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Garbanzo Beans, & Cipollini Onions with Parmigiano Cheese
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 Cipollini onions, peeled
- 1 28-oz can fire roasted San Marzano tomatoes, diced
- 1 15-oz can chick peas, drained
- Chili pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2In a skillet, add garlic and chili flakes, cook garlic until slightly yellow in color, about 1-2 minutes.
3Add chick peas and onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are tender and browned.
4Add tomatoes and ½ cup of water, bring to a simmer and reduce to desired consistency. Season with salt to taste.
5Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce, remove from the heat and fold in cheese and parsley.