Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
with Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Garbanzo Beans, & Cipollini Onions with Parmigiano Cheese
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 10 Cipollini onions, peeled
- 1 28-oz can fire roasted San Marzano tomatoes, diced
- 1 15-oz can chick peas, drained
- Chili pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a skillet, add garlic and chili flakes, cook garlic until slightly yellow in color, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add chick peas and onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are tender and browned.
- Add tomatoes and ½ cup of water, bring to a simmer and reduce to desired consistency. Season with salt to taste.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce, remove from the heat and fold in cheese and parsley.