Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 Box of Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 Cup of green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 Cup of black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 28 oz Can of Italian style peeled tomatoes
- 5 Leaves basil, torn
- ½ Cup romano cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Turn on fryer to 350°F.
- Season eggplant with salt, dust with flour, and deep dry about 3 minutes until golden.
- Place a pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté garlic and pepper flakes with 2 tbs olive oil for one minute, add olives and roasted eggplant.
- Next, sauté for several minutes, add tomatoes, and simmer for five minutes.
- Season with salt if needed.
- Finally, drain pasta and toss with sauce, stir in cheese and basil before serving.