Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
with Olives, Eggplant, Tomato and Basil
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 Box of Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 Cup of green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 Cup of black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 28 oz Can of Italian style peeled tomatoes
- 5 Leaves basil, torn
- ½ Cup romano cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1Turn on fryer to 350°F.
2Season eggplant with salt, dust with flour, and deep dry about 3 minutes until golden.
3Place a pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to directions.
4Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté garlic and pepper flakes with 2 tbs olive oil for one minute, add olives and roasted eggplant.
5Next, sauté for several minutes, add tomatoes, and simmer for five minutes.
6Season with salt if needed.
7Finally, drain pasta and toss with sauce, stir in cheese and basil before serving.