Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
with Spicy Meatballs, Cannellini Beans & Escarole
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Casarecce
- 2 cloves garlic, gently pressed
- 1 red hot finger pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated, divided
- 2 cups cannellini beans, cooked per package directions
- 1 bunch escarole, boiled and roughly chopped
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, julienne
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Pre-heat oven to 425° F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2In a small bowl soak bread in water then squeeze out the excess.
3In a medium bowl mix ground beef, egg yolk, hot pepper, half the cheese, bread, salt, and black pepper. Form ½ inch balls and bake until brown, approximately 10-15 minutes.
4Cook pasta according to package directions and drain reserving 1 cup of cooking water.
5Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté garlic with olive oil until slightly yellow. Add escarole and sauté over high heat. Stir in meatballs, tomatoes, beans and cooking water; bring to a simmer.
6Add pasta and toss with sauce. Finish with cheese before serving.