Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box, Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 pound lamb, ground
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 18-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet slowly cook onions and sage in olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high; add lamb, brown very well.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and reduce by ½, about 2 minutes.
- To the skillet add tomatoes and water, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer; cook for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss pasta with sauce then remove the skillet from the heat and fold in the butter and cheese.
- Top with pine nuts before serving.