Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce canned black truffle, chopped thin, reserve liquid
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ pound Italian sausage, crumbled
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons black truffle butter
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, gently simmer olive oil with garlic; add black truffle and sauté for two minutes then add sausage and brown over medium heat.
- Stir in broth, bring to a boil then add cream and season with black pepper, bring to boil.
Drain pasta and combine with sauce and reserved liquid, finish with truffle butter and remove from heat. Add cheese and parsley before serving.