Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 leek, cut in rondels
- ½ butternut squash, small diced
- 1 ounce dry porcini mushrooms, reconstituted, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated, divided
- ½ cup microgreens, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Season squash with half the olive oil, salt and pepper; roast in oven until slightly browned and thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes.
- In a skillet, sauté leek with remaining olive oil, 3–4 minutes, add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta; remove from heat 2 minutes prior to recommended cook time.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, set pasta aside.
- Stir pasta water into sautéed leek and mushrooms, add roasted squash, and bring to a simmer.
- Add mixture to pasta, toss over high heat for 2 minutes. Turn off heat, stir in butter, half the microgreens and half the cheese.
- Serve topped with remaining greens and cheese.