Rustic Basil Pesto Recipe with Orecchiette PastaWow your dinner guests with this simple yet elegant recipe for bronze-cut Orecchiette pasta, tangy pesto sauce and bursting-with-flavor cherry tomatoes.
- total fat
- total carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- ½ jar Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, julienne
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 red hot pepper, sliced
- 1 small cauliflower, cut in small pieces
- 2 pints colorful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500° F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Season cauliflower and cherry tomatoes with half the olive oil, salt and pepper; arrange in a baking dish.
- Roast vegetables for about 10 minutes, or until they start browning and tomatoes are burst. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a skillet sauté onion with remaining olive oil, red pepper and anchovy for five minutes over medium heat, add roasted vegetables.
- At the same time cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Toss pasta with veggie mixture and stir in pesto before serving.