Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
with Saffron, Chickpeas & Roasted Broccoli
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 10 ounces broccoli florets
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Season broccoli with half the olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven until slightly brown, about fifteen minutes, set aside.
3Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and drain reserving 2 cups pasta water.
4In a skillet sauté onion with remaining olive oil for about five minutes over medium heat, add garlic, cook one more minute then add chickpeas, saffron and two cups of pasta cooking water.
5Add pasta to the skillet, toss with broccoli and top with cheese.