Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
with Shrimp & Creamy Prosecco Sauce
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red hot chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup Prosecco wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chives, sliced thin
- Salt and White Pepper, to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta 2 minutes less than cooking time on the package.
2Meanwhile, in a 12 inch skillet, gently heat olive oil. Add garlic, shallots, and chilies to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the shallots become opaque.
3Increase the skillet heat to high, then add the shrimp. Cook for 1 minute per side, turning the shrimp half way through.
4Deglaze the skillet with Prosecco and reduce the liquid by half.
5Add heavy cream and bring to a boil, season with salt and pepper.
6Drain the pasta. Add the drained pasta to the sauce mixture in the skillet. Top with chives, then remove from the heat and enjoy!