Spicy Lobster Meets Orecchiette PastaWhen you want to give your guests something out of the ordinary, try our spicy lobster pasta recipe featuring Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette. Our bronze-cut pasta is made to hold sauces like the garlicky tomato one that coats this elegant lobster pasta dish.
- Total fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 1-pound lobsters
- 1 cup white wine, dry
- 2 pints colorful tomatoes
- 6 basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
- Season tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper then roast in the oven until they burst and are blistered, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with the help of a sharp knife cut lobster tails and claws in half, shell on.
- In a skillet, sauté garlic and red pepper flakes with remaining oil over medium heat for one minute.
- Add the lobster and season with salt and pepper then sauté until slightly caramelized, stir in white wine and let reduce by half.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and toss with lobster and ½ cup of pasta cooking liquid over high heat, stir in roasted tomatoes and torn basil then serve!