- total fat
- total carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 Box, Barilla® Collezione Penne
- 5 Tbsp, Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, whole
- 1 small, Cauliflower, florets
- ½ Cup, Bread Crumbs
- ¼ Cup, Hazelnuts
- ½ Cup, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ¾ Cup, Thinly sliced basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, meanwhile in a large skillet heat 3 Tbsp olive oil over medium high heat then add the cauliflower and onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until its well browned.
- In a separate small skillet heat remaining oil, add the garlic, bread crumbs and hazelnuts and toast lightly over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions, but drain 1 minutes less than required time while also reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Combine the pasta with the cauliflower and cooking water and bring to a simmer, remove the skillet from the heat and toss with cheese and basil.
- Serve each portion topped with bread crumbs.