- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Penne
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 tabelspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 pound mixed fresh mushrooms [oyster, shitake, domestic, porcini to name a few], sliced
- 1 14-ounce can tomatoes, chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile sauté olive oil with garlic and pepper flakes for one minute, then add mushrooms and brown over high heat, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, season with salt and bring to a simmer.
- Drain pasta and toss with mushrooms sauce.
- Stir in cheese and oregano before serving.