Barilla® Collezione Penne with Calabrian Spicy Mushroom Sauce
- Total Fat
Ingredients for 8
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Penne
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 tabelspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 pound mixed fresh mushrooms [oyster, shitake, domestic, porcini to name a few], sliced
- 1 14-ounce can tomatoes, chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2Meanwhile sauté olive oil with garlic and pepper flakes for one minute, then add mushrooms and brown over high heat, about 10 minutes.
3Add tomatoes, season with salt and bring to a simmer.
4Drain pasta and toss with mushrooms sauce.
5Stir in cheese and oregano before serving.