- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Penne
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, small diced
- 1 bunch, kale, chopped
- ½ cup White wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté the kale in 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for approximately 3 minutes or until wilted and soft.
- Add the white wine and reduce the by ¾ then add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine the breads crumbs, chili flakes, lemon zest and remaining olive oil in small skillet, season with salt and pepper then toast over medium heat.
- Add ½ cup of the pasta cooking water to the skillet with the kale then drain and toss the pasta with the sauce and stir to combine.
- Top with cheese and crunchy bread crumb topping.