Barilla® Collezione Rigatoni alla Carbonara
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces pancetta, diced
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2Meanwhile in a skillet render pancetta on medium-high heat with oil.
3In a separate bowl mix yolks to cheeses, season with salt and pepper.
4Cook pasta according to package directions, drain while reserving 1/3 cup of cooking water, and toss pasta with pancetta.
5Stir in yolks mixture making sure they don’t get scrambled; adding cooking water for desired consistency. Serve immediately.