Barilla® Collezione Spaghetti
with Spicy Lamb Meatballs & Eggplant
- 3 g
- Total Fat
- 6 g
- Total Carbs
- 3 g
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, gently pressed
- 1 red hot finger pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated, divided
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled, diced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup beef broth
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F. In a small bowl soak bread in water then squeeze out the excess.
- In a medium bowl mix lamb, egg yolk, half the cheese, hot pepper, bread, salt, and black pepper. Form ½ inch balls and bake in the oven until brown, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté gently pressed garlic with olive oil until slightly yellow, add eggplant and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Add wine and reduce by ½.
- Stir in meatballs and broth then bring to a simmer.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with the meatballs and sauce. Finish with remaining cheese before serving.