Tortellini Caprese Skewers with Pesto
with Barilla® Collezione Three Cheese Tortellini
Ingredients for 20 skewers
- 1 package Barilla® Collezione Three Cheese Tortellini
- 1 jar Barilla® Basil Pesto
- 1 tablespoon extra Virgin olive oil
- 20 6-inch skewers
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese pearls
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes
- 5 basil leaves, sliced thin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook tortellini 1 minute less than package directions.
2Drain and toss with olive oil. Place on a cookie sheet to cool down.
3Once the pasta is cool build the skewers. First add one tortellini, then top with red cherry tomato, then mozzarella, then another tortellini, then yellow cherry tomato and then another tortellini.
4Place onto a platter and drizzle with pesto. Garnish with basil and serve!