Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Collezione Orecchiette
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Red pepper to taste, crushed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Final touch: Pecorino Romano or chili or ginger
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Separate the broccoli flowers into small pieces and blanch them a couple of minutes in the boiling salted water, to fix the color. Then dry and set aside.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and the whole peeled garlic clove.
- Add crushed red pepper, then tomatoes and let them wither seasoning with salt and pepper.
- After 5 minutes take away the garlic clove and add the broccoli flowers.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Toss and stir the pasta in the pan with the veggies, adding ½ cup of pasta cooking water and the remaining olive oil to better create the emulsion and coat the pasta.
Final touch: add some slices of Pecorino Romano cheese or chili or ginger.