Ingredients for 2 people
- 1 package Barilla® Ricotta & Spinach Tortellini
- 4 bacon slices, julienned
- ½ small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 28-oz Italian style canned tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 4 fresh basil leaves, washed and torn
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, season with salt.
- Render bacon until crispy in a large skillet over medium heat, and set aside to drain.
- Saute onion in bacon fat over medium heat until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bring to boil.; season with salt and pepper.
- Add cream and simmer a few minutes.
Cook tortellini according to package directions.
Drain tortellini and toss with the sauce in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in cheese and basil.
Top with crispy bacon over the top before serving.